Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Volvo penta tad 734 ge - approx. 4000 hrs - has had a leak

Customer Question

Volvo penta tad 734 ge - approx. 4000 hrs - has had a leak in vicinity of front seal since near new - replaced seal still leaked - removed rechecked running surface fitted new seal leaked again within 500hrs - long story short seal has been replaced 4 times but still leaks after a short period. Genset operates at 70% loading for 14hrs per day. sump, front hsg have all been removed & resealed (no gskt just sealant) blemish on shaft cleaned, filled & polished - seal doesn't run in this area any thoughts ideas would be appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe