Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Boat wouldn't stay running and now won't start. noticed my

Customer Question

boat wouldn't stay running and now won't start. noticed my oil pressure gage read 50-60psi when running at 3500 rpm on 5.0 merc.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all other electrical working and engine turns over, oil sender and sender wire/sensor wires not corroded
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The first thing we need to try and do is diagnose the problem by finding what is causing it to not start as you can imagine. With that said you will want to start with checking fuel pressure, spark, timing, compression, spark arrestor clean and not restricted, then try some starting fluid and see if the engine shows any signs of life.

From there we will then know the problem or at the least have a direction to further diagnose.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.