Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I just bought a 2005 well craft coastal 290 with twin 300

Customer Question

I just bought a 2005 well craft coastal 290 with twin 300 Yamahas. It was working perfectly the first day I took it out. Now the engines are not starting. They were in the neutral position and the safety was clicked in. The starters seem to be working. What else can it be?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If I understand correctly they are turning/cranking and starters are working, the problem is that they do not actually start and run and make no attempt. Here you would need to check fuel to them to make sure they are getting fuel and also check spark. Since it is both engines you will want to look at things they have in common such as fuel.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.