Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an Onan generator on my boat and it stops after 8 or

Customer Question

I have an Onan generator on my boat and it stops after 8 or so minutes with an error code 24 which according to my manual says it is because of a (potentially) faulty sensor.
Which sensor and can I fix it myself with a replacement part or do I need a technician?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Usually the temp sender/sensor, you can check it out of the unit via resistance, when cold it will be high and the warmer it gets the lower the resistance, if on a gauge it measures correctly then you will want to check the wiring to/from it and back to the controller. Testing the switch is sometimes easier to replace since of it's low cost to replace.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.