Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

No spark and coil has been changed on my 1997 Wave runner

Customer Question

No spark and coil has been changed on my 1997 Wave runner Model SLT 700 Polaris
shows power out of CDI electrical box the original part number on the coil I had is 105 552 . 03 the coil they sent me has part number(###) ###-####tried it didn't work than I ordered another coil with original part number 105 552 03 and that one didn't work either is part number the reason it has no spark cause the box wiring is all the same just wondering if it will effect any. I was thinking maybe the(###) ###-####coil is for when you upgrade the whole system stator and CDI and coil its for that serious and not for the original Coil. But as you see I tried both and still no spark. CDI electrical box shows power on the wiring.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Original problem the box shorted out after placing the box on top of battery the ground and hot wire from battery werent covered with the rubber boot and upon putting the cover over it shorted out the ground wire and that got replaced ans well as the coil but yet no spark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody has answered my question what happened. I want my money back.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad service requesting refund.