Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I 1have a 1992 Fun Country Houseboat with two macerator type

Customer Question

I 1have a 1992 Fun Country Houseboat with two macerator type toilets. I have been having problems with the waste system for the past few months. I found a kink in the 1" waste tube and replaced it with the special tubing. Also put in a new Joker valve. The problem is whenever either toilet is used....if it is quick 2 to3 secs. no problem, but for longer flushes the bowl starts to fill up. I can see the "funnel like" cone in the center as it is flushing so I know it is circulating but the bowl gradually fills up with liquid. After checking it periodically it always totally drains out but usually after 4 or 5 hours! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I was wondering if even though the macerator pump seems to be working maybe it can't keep up with the bowl fill?? Odd it would be the same things on both bowls though
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Sounds like there is either a restriction in flow out or the pump is not pumping enough either because it is an incorrect size or due to a problem with the pump/impeller.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joe,

I was able to get the problem fixed days ago as no one had gotten back to me. It was a restriction in the hose. I do not want to give you any negative feedback so can you please opt out and we'll let this close?

Thanks

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

I do not have to opt out for this to be closed for you just so you know. I do see it was exactly a problem that I stated so I was correct but I do apologize that no one got to you sooner. I am not sure why this sometimes occurs but when I come online I attempt to help the oldest question customers first as to get them assistance as fast as they can since they have been waiting, when a question is still on the list and the customer has not stated otherwise we experts still for what we know the customer still needs assistance and thus if we can help such as in this case, I reply to said customer.

Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's it for now, but I will keep your name bookmarked for future help.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Thank you and have a good afternoon.

- Joe