Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

On a Jabsco quiet flush electric toilet - trying to remove

Customer Question

on a Jabsco quiet flush electric toilet - trying to remove the macerator assembly, can't seem to lift it off - it moves about 1/2 inch and then is hung up on something - tried rotating the blades, but doesn't seem to make any difference
does the joker valve housing have to be removed to get the macerator off?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The joker valve does not have to come off. To pull the macerator just remove the 4 perimeter screws and pull the pump motor bdy straight back. It should come off. If it is not then there is something in there jamming it up, and at that point all you can do is try to muscle it out. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done this job before so I get that. This time the unit seems hung up on something ie can't pull it off even with screws removed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think the housing around the macerator blades could be cracked?What could jam the outlet without impeding operation? It works fine - just tried to remove it because of small leak around base.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

There is going to be something jammed in there holding it up then. Paper towels, human waste, feminine products etc etc... I've seen it all. I've also seen freeze damage where they froze and the plastic expanded, pinching the macerator in place. You can try popping the joker valve off and look in there to see if you can see anything. Other than that it is just jammed up with either rust, or some kind of foreign object. So keep on pulling/twisting/slamming, it will eventually come off. There is no other mechanical fasteners holding it in place.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet in order to credit me for helping you out. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason