Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a Volvo penta sx outdrive that will not go up or

Customer Question

I have a Volvo penta sx outdrive that will not go up or down. how can I manually raise it and tie it up to take it for service?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

There are 2 ways to do it.

1. Crack open the hydraulic lines by backing them out a few turns. And once they start to leak fluid lift up on the sterndrive, and either tie it up with rope or set it down on a "transom saver" device.

2. Disconnect the trim rams all together but leave the hydraulic lines hooked up. Tie up the rams. Lift the sterndrive up by hand and again either tie it off or set it down on a transom saver.

Those are the only 2 ways to do it. Did you have any further questions on either method? Or does that cover it for you?

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you do have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet in order to credit me for helping you out. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason