Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

One is fuel injected and one is by carburator.

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Got it. On the carbureted engine. What you want to do there is hook up your flushing device, run it until it gets warm. Bump the rpms up to about 1000 to bring it to a fast idle. And then shoot fogging oil down the throat of the carb. WHen you spray it the rpms will drop. What you want to do here is blast it a few seconds, then let off and let the rpms recover, and blast it again. Repeat until the exhaust starts to smoke really heavily. And then either keep blasting until the engine stalls, or blast for 1 final time for a couple of extra seconds, and then quickly turn the key off. And that's all you need to do on this one

On the fuel injected engine. Get a small gas can and put just a gallon of gas in it. Then add fuel stabilizer and 3 ounces of 2 stroke outboard oil. Hook this gas can up to the engine, and then start it up and let it run a good 20 minutes on this batch of fuel, and then shut it off. And this is all you have to do with this one.

Both engines are self draining, so there is nothing to drain out. In regards ***** ***** fuel, try and use it up if you can. If not, add fuel stabilizer to whatever you have left.

Your shopping list includes;

1 can of fogging oil

TCW3 outboard 2 stroke oil

1 bottle of fuel stabilizer

A gas can

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you do have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet in order to credit me for helping you out. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason