Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1984 Boston Whaler Montauk. The 2 screws holding

Customer Question

I have a 1984 Boston Whaler Montauk. The 2 screws holding the forward end of the Z seat are loose at the base. The base sits on a 1" wood block and the screws pass through the wood into the deck. The screws cannot be secured and the base lifts slightly under pressure.
I want to secure the base to the deck and plan to add self tapping screws (2) through the wood blocks behind the forward existing screws through the deck.
Is this the appropriate solution for this problem?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

A better bet would be drilling slightly larger holes and use some stainless steel toggle bolts. If you do that and put a little thread locker on the threads, and then caulk over the holes with some 5200, it would never come apart and also be leak free. Does that make sense?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you do have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet in order to credit me for helping you out. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. Any progress?