Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1997 100 mercury outboard. My question is can i

Customer Question

I have a 1997 100 mercury outboard. My question is can i take parts such as the trigger,stator and other electronics from a 150 mercury and use them on the 100 mercury?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The short answer is no. The 100 is a 4 cylinder and the 150 is a 6 cylinder. All of the ignition components on the 150 is all for 6 cylinder, which is completely different.

Did you have any further questions on the issue, or did you just need a confirmation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** for the information. I have another question. My engine was running fine until i decided to change the spark plugs. Now since ive done that its not wanting to start. Ive got the right plugs for it. What can cause this problem?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jarrard. When you say it's not wanting to start. Is it hard to start, or will it actually not start?

Also, so you happen to have both the engines serial number and the plug number you are using?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, just checking in. Did you have any further questions on the issue?