Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

2002 (I think) Yamaha 40 hp 4 stroke. Electric tilt/trim

Customer Question

2002 (I think) Yamaha 40 hp 4 stroke. Electric tilt/trim lift stopped working - will lower engine, but will not raise it. Where is control for manual lift?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Click this link to pull up a parts diagram

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/2001/F40TLRZ/POWER%20TRIM%20TILT%20ASSY/parts.html

In the diagram locate #43. That is the manual relief screw. It is accessed through a hole I the clamp bracket on the starboard side of the outboard. What you do is get a large #2 or #3 flat bladed screwdriver, stick it through the hole on the clamp bracket, and back that screw out 2 to 3 turns. That will relieve the hydraulic pressure in the trim cylinder and allow you to lift it up by hand.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, just checking in. I noticed no rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure that you did not have any further questions on the issue. Please keep in mind the website has already charged you, but they will not credit me unless you put through a rating for me. If you had any further questions on the issue by all means feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Jason