Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1996 Bayliner Classic 2452 with a 5.0L Mercruiser

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Bayliner Classic 2452 with a 5.0L Mercruiser I/O (motor 2008) when I put the boat in the water this year my top speed was 41 mph, as time went on i noticed a drop in speed and RPM's wouldn't go above 3200 with a load and 4800 RPM's with no load (I know don't do no load anymore). I also hit a mussel bar at night with my stainless steel prop I couldn't see any damage, than the starter went, so I replaced the starter, spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, changed oil & filter, gas filter, put a new prop on it and painted the bottom hull and now I can't seem to go over 10 MPH or planout with RPM's at 4000 is something wrong with my out-drive I had a boat mechanic look at it before the prop replacement and he says my engine is running beautifully and it must be grasses slowing me down but I believe its something else
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Has compression been tested yet? Is this a carbureted or fuel injected engine?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. Was this something you still needed help with?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you read my reply and logged off again. if you are having a hard time replying the website only works properly on a PC running the chrome or firefox web browser. If you are on an iPhone/ipad/android/any kind of tablet the website is not going to work properly for you.