Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2004 Glastron GX 205 with a Volvo Penta SX I/O and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Glastron GX 205 with a Volvo Penta SX I/O and the Chev GXI 270 HP engine. On a recent 2 hour trip around the lake I heard a 3 beep warning. All the engine functions were within normal limits. Having found nothing out of order, I continued my trip. 10 minutes later a second 3 beep warning occurred. Again, I checked everything, including a visual inspection of the engine compartment, and found nothing. about 10 minutes later the warning tripped again, this time with a steady tone. I stopped, shut the engine down, and again checked the engine compartment. After about 10 minutes, I restarted the engine, no alarm sounded,checked all the gauges and proceeded back to the dock without incident.
Glastron's manual is very generic and doesn't cover any alarm signals. Any idea what the 3 beeps is trying to tell me?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The three beeps is a generic alarm that sounds when a minor fault normally due to a bad sensor occurs. Unfortunately you cannot tell what exactly the fault is without hooking the engine to a diagnostic tool as it may refer to a variety of sensors / defects.

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel