Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I need to replace a Mercruiser quicksilver 3000 remote

Customer Question

I need to replace a Mercruiser quicksilver 3000 remote control on a 94 Bayliner. It needs to fit the Gen I cables and have the trailer button. What do you believe is the best replacement options.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** may take more than one reply to solve you part issue. We need to determine which model of the 3000 you have.

Does this look like the remote control you have now? http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-marine-accessory-parts/remote-controls-and-components/1994-up/commander-3000-classic-827270a21-a31

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does, the differences I see are the shape of the neutral button, mine I has parallel sides, a rounded bottom and the top is angled down. Also I cant tell if the one in your diagram has the trailering button on the lower left corner. Other wise, if it fits my cables it should work.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Ok I know which control you have. The problem is they don't make that model anymore and most all of the 3000 series are NLA (no longer available) This control will work an is the last of it's kind. The replacement after this is the 4000 series which requires the GenII cables.

On the remote I posted scroll down to the only one left with a price of $280.50 p/n 827270A30. They show it is out of stock but it will ship in 8 days.

Here is the link. http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=MER827270A30

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, I've previously spoke with Mercruiser, I probably didn't make myself clear, I'm just looking for one I can replace it with that is good quality and about the same dimensions due to the upholstery just being done. I would prefer it fit the same shape closely.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

If you spoke with Mercruiser what did they tell you?

This control fits in the same hole that is there now. All Mercruiser 3000 fit the same hole. This is a 3000 it is the exact same fit. The only thing that is different is the handle and the facia. Then trim and trailer switch is in the handle.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Actually if you like you can use your handle and facia with the module of the new control. This is the part that you actually need. You can't buy just the module anymore. By you purchasing the complete control you will be getting this part with just the new handle and facia.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-marine-accessory-parts/remote-controls-and-components/1994-up/modular-components-design-iv

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to positively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for helping you.........

Follow up questions are always welcome on this subject.

Thank you.......Tan