Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 2003 SeaRay 260 5.7 bravo III. The intermittent

Customer Question

I have a 2003 SeaRay 260 5.7 bravo III. The intermittent alarm keeps sounding. The manual says that the outdrive fluid level must be low but it is not. In fact, I disconnected the wires to the reservoir and the alarm still sounds. The boat manual offers no other possibilities. any thoughts?
Steve
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When you say an intermittent alarm is it a 2 beep per min alarm or a continuous tone?

Does it sound at certain rpm or always?

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always sounds even idling. Two beeps every minute or so...

OK that has nothing to do with the drive fluid. Two beeps per minute indicates that there is a defective sensor or a minor fault that is detected in any of the sensors. To find the sensor that is giving the fault you would need to connect the engine to a diagnostic tool otherwise it will be a trial and error situation. This tool is a normal diagnostic tool that most mechanics have. The most common problems are the water pressure sensor inside the oil cooler and the IAC valve but as i explained you cannot start replacing all sensors. Connecting the engine to a diagnostic tool would identify the fault immediately.

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the IAC valve / oil cooler?

Ths oil cooler is located at the back of the enginw it has two laege water hoaes ans rwo small hoses of power steering oil and a sensor whilst tgw iac is located next ro the throttle body

Did you manage to find the parts, do you require further assistance? Kindly rate my service.

Noel