Diesel Boat Doc
Diesel Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  35 YEARS MARINE DIESEL BOAT REPAIR
21708980

I have a pair of Detroit diesel 8v92 DDECII 760 hp marine.

Customer Question

Now the one machine is broken the Cylinder head. The engines do not increase temperature. We think it is broken by injectors.
Now we think about change the engines from electrics to mechanical. It will be better? What do you think? What needs to change to make the mechanical? The pistons will be the same?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Diesel Boat Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi changing to mechanical is a big job. I don't think that is your problem. Have you done work on the engines? IF you have changed the head and used a head that has been rebuilt not a new casting could be your trouble also if you do not let the engines cool down after running hard when you shut them they can over heat and not record it. I have worked on many-many Detroit's. But I need more history to help you. I know I can Help You