Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

What are float settings 1995 112hp

Customer Question

what are float settings for carbs 1995 112hp
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The float parallel with the carb body inlet needle closed. Float drop 7/8 -1 1/8.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to positively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for the information I have provided you.

Thank you........Tan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To start this conversation was asked what I have I done so far and my response was I set the floats level with a drop down of one inch why did u tell me to do the same thing?Obviously I have some other problem
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Float drop isn't going to affect engine running performance.

You specifically ask what are the float settings. I gave you the answer to what you ask for. You said nothing about what your problem was.

You have to give more info as to what your problem is. When you ask a specific question all I can do is answer the question.

I can't read minds.

So what is your engine run issue?

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not a politician when you ask a direct question I give a direct answer. I can't read into what your problem is. The float drop has nothing to do with how an engine performs. All I know is you rebuilt a carb and ask what the float drop was. This is for verification is what I got from your question. This was not a troubleshooting question.

How would you reply to this question? "what are float settings for carbs 1995 112hp"

When you say obviously you have another problem. Ok am I suppose to guess what your engine problem is?

Tell me your symptoms and I can get you to the cause.