Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a 2005 two stroke 90hp outboard yamaha and just put

Customer Question

Have a 2005 two stroke 90hp outboard yamaha and just put garden hose to the motor lower unit and not pumping water???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

How long did you let it run for?

When was the last time the boat was used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
allan 3 minutes, last fall and gas was run out and fuel stabalized
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Allan,

Next question is, is he engine overheating? Did the alarm go off? Can I assume the alarm system works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also i had the carburetors cleaned last fall, started good, could not hear the choke click when push the choke switch and would only start in neutral, usually i put on some throttle the head and water manifold is hot, the alarm did not go off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could not get your answer off my cell phone by tapping on the link???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for your response
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I had asked if the engine was overheating, I didn't get a response to that.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

When was the last time the cooling system was serviced on the engine with a new impeller and thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water manifold and heads are hot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
three years
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think we are posting at exactly the same time.

The impellers on these engines need to be changed every other year. They are just rubber, and they will get stiff and dry rot and loose their ability to pump just from aging, and not necessarily engine usage At the same time its standard operating procedure to change the thermostats at the same time. So what you will want to have done here is have the impeller and thermostats changed. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome and I was glad I could help.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Was there anything else Allan?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet. I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on this issue answered. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, just checking in, any progress?