Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Please MARINE MECHANICS ....Respond to this question Only if

Customer Question

Please MARINE MECHANICS ....Respond to this question Only if you know the answer… I left gas in my SeaDoo GTX 2005 PWatercrafts for way to long. They won't start after new batteries. I am looking to buy a SeaDoo Fuel Pump, but how do I know I don't need
to buy a SeaDoo Fuel Pump Assembly instead? I don't want to pay for something I don't need. I just know the gas probably gummed up the fuel pump. But I am not sure if the gas can gum up the whole fuel pump assembly because I don’t know what it is exactly compared
to the fuel pump only without the whole fuel pump assembly kit. I am looking at about 60 dollars for pump, vs 500 dollars for fuel pump assembly. Do you have any ideas on how I can know which I need without going overboard and buying the FULL assembly? Marine
Mechanic I got an estimate from is saying for two SeaDoos with new batteries and two fuel pump assembly kits I am looking at 1,700 aprox. I think they could put in new fuel pumps instead of the whole fuel pump assembly because I see the fuel pumps are sold
without the full assembly kits. Thanks, Karen
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say the sea doos, although 10 years old, were only used about 10 times and were kept in a block wall garage
for years. I just failed to remove the old gas during storage. So I don't think the parts are worn or they were used hard. I just know the gas dried up inside them.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

From what I know, the gas tanks will have to be emptied, and probably the gas lines treated or purged. But since I don't know the specifics you are asking about - and since I notice that your question has gone unanswered for quite some time - I have requested that this case be switched to a broader category, 'Boats' instead of 'Marine Electronics' (which I am better at) - and also I request, for any Moderator seeing this case, that it be double-categorized into the Small Engine category also.

And I have Opted Out of this case too, re-opening it for other Experts. Thanks for your patience, and good luck with the problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi different expert here, i have been a marine mechanic for a long time. How long was the fuel in the Sea Doo(s)?

Also did it smell like varnish when you checked it?

Thanks

Tech Mike