Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1995 yamaha pro v 150 2 stroke. I need to know how

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 1995 yamaha pro v 150 2 stroke. I need to know how to hook up the oil alarm and tach. Wires from engine are pink grey orange and black. And also a green black stripe and green red stripe that have been cut inside engine. I do not have a key switch on my dash ad the yamaha controls have its own key. Any help would be great. I'm running out of time here in minnesota. I just want to go fishing! Thank you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name Jason, whom am I speaking with?

Pink is the ground signal for the warning alarm (oil and overheat)

Grey is the tach signal wire

Black would be ground.

Orange a trim position signal wire

Green/back and green/red would both go to an oil level meter if one was equipped.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet. I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on this issue answered. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason