Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I lost the port hatch cover (anchor line & winch) on the bow

Customer Question

I lost the port hatch cover (anchor line & winch) on the bow of my Doral 36... where can I go to get a new one?? Thanks!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am confused with the anchor line and winch portion, but in terms of the hatch I would need the brand and exact model in order to locate you an exact replacement. Otherwise the best I could do is locate an entire hatch replacement and even for that I would need the dimensions and a picture to see what type.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a small triangular hatch cover on the port bow which ripped off in rough seas. In the hatch is the anchor line and anchor winch. I assumed the cover was an original part for Doral. I will take a picture of it this weekend and send it to you if that helps. Thanks!
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

They are original parts most likely but I still would need to know in order to locate one.

If you can post a picture that will help me, the reason for this is this isnt as you know like a bow hatch, instead it is a fiberglass lid made for that opening. It's very likely that you will not find one oem available but have no worries as if that is the case then any professional boat repair place that does fiberglass repairs can make you a new hatch. It's is just a base that is covered in fiberglass and then gelcoated along with non-skid on top.

Thanks,

Joe