Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have twin 7.4 in a 1996 3375 esprite.I would like to

Customer Question

I have twin 7.4 in a 1996 3375 esprite.I would like to change the throttle to a Mercury digital throttle.there is stiffness and I need to service can I up grade and any idea of cost to do so?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

You would not be able to do Mercury digital throttle and shift because that requires the engines to be later model fuel injected engines. The mercury digital throttle system runs through the engines computer. But you can do an aftermarket Teleflex fly by wire digital throttle and shift. They are not cheap. How many stations do you have, 1 or 2 that you would need to change over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one station and would like to make things a little easier for my wife.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You would be looking at 5100 for the kit, not including any kind of installation. The kit gets you a dual binnacle shifter, 2 actuators, the computer and all the wiring. Click this link below, this is what you would be getting. The Teleflex I6300 system.

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/products/controls-and-cables/electronic-controls/i6300-electronic-control/

Other than that, it works the same way as Mercury system, functionally it is no different. I don't know how you want to leave this. Did you have any further questions on the issue/system?

Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you started a 2nd question.. Did you also have question about oil level?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet. I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on this issue answered. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason