Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have GM 6.0 vortec MEFI 4 There is 16 pin purpel colored

Customer Question

I have GM 6.0 vortec MEFI 4
There is 16 pin purpel colored connector I want to know wiring diagram of this connector can you help me
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This harness is for the digital connections for smart craft gauges. These have to be used with Smart connectors only. Here is the harness that connects from the engine to the gauges. http://greatlakesskipper.com/media/catalog/product/1/0/1044821-1.jpg

What is it your are trying to do? Do you have engine run issues or electrical issues?

Could I get the engine serial number please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloI Tan My name is***** need the wiring diagram for starting the engine and connecting the gauges (oil pressure, water heat, tachometer, etc)
thank you for your dealing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I add the pictures of the connector I hope you can find wire diagram for this connector
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello David. Could I get the engine serial number please?

You should have another wiring harness connector. This will be a round black plug. 10 pin connector. The plug you have there is for digital instrumentation that is all plug in instruments.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

This is the harness connection you need. This is for analog gauges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tan
I don't have that raund 10 pin connector on the engine.
I had to know wire diagram to make a new connection for my gauges and safely start to engine
I want to know which wire is starter , which one is water temprature oil pressure etc please I need help
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

The color codes for the gauges and start are as follows. The temperature is Brown, oil pressure light blue, volts and ignition purple, battery voltage red/purple, start yellow/red.

Here is a wiring diagram for the instrument panel. https://www.perfprotech.com/store/app_themes/ppt/images/main-harness-wiring-c.jpg

The next post is the legend for the first page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Tan
I allready have the diagrams you send to me . My problem is to find the diagram of my purpel 16 pin conector because I dont have the round 10pin mercuriser connector . I know there is a changer connector to purpel 16 pin to raund 10 pin if you
can send me this changer connectors diagram, than I can find which cable is which in revers way
Thank you for your dealing
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

I know what your asking for but can't seem to find the correct harness. I find the 10 pin to 16 but not the other way around.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Tan:
I am sending you the serial number of my engine with its pictures.
I hope that you can find the diagram of purple connector than I can start the engine.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello ***** you have a harness in the boat now? If no you will need to get this harness. RA121092 engine to dash un-terminated 25 foot. Go to page 36 and 37. File PCM_ Marine Engines Complete. http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/PCM_Schematics/

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Here are the engine harnesses. As you can see all the harnesses have the 2 plugs that connect to the engine. #11,12,13 & 14.

Then they have a different connector going to the dash depending on the harness the boat has. The square plug small round then large round.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TAN
Are you sure that this harness '' RA121098 HARNESS, ADAPTER - 14 WAY Pleasure Craft $115.50'' will fit to my engine . I couldn't find any picture of this harness.
Can't I find the wiring diagram for my connector of 2007 crusader 6.0 engine
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

PCM doesn't post that kind of information. The only people that will know for sure are the people that make the harnesses. You need to call PCM to verify. Here is the dealer locator to find a dealer near you. http://www.pcmengines.com/dealer-locator/

Next time you post a question like this it would help if you post all the engine info. I thought this was a Mercruiser engine as the plug looked the same as the SmartCraft mercruiser uses.

The info I posted is all the info there is. From that info you have only the choices listed. Now if you look at the key harness it has the same connectors as the other harnesses to connect to the engine. #11 with be the harness that connects to the engine then the other harness will connect to the boat harness.

I ask do you have the boat harness?