Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My polaris jet 97 slt 780 is making a noise. I was out on it

Customer Question

My polaris jet 97 slt 780 is making a noise. I was out on it ran fine and I stopped in the middle of the lake and shut it off. I started it back up and started going and it's not taking off right. Then I release the throttle and went full again and start going normal with the same noise. It started to smoke a little out the back. It sounds like a cylinder or inform of them in a bigger circle tube. Do you have an idea what it is?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I apologize but I am having a hard time trying to figure out the sound you are discribing, is there any way you can upload a sound/video file to youtube or anywhere else?

If you have not already done so you may want to check the pump and compression. At the very least if you can remove the seat with the engine running and see what area it seems to be the loudest coming from.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.