Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have a yamaha 50tlrb motor. story - eng was run out of oil,

Customer Question

have a yamaha 50tlrb motor. History - eng was run out of oil, damage was not bad, eng bored, new pistons-crankshaft-and gasket and seals. Now the eng will run wot for maybe 30-45 mins and then just die back to idle (with throttle @ wot) most of the time it will idle, sometimes die. Can restart and will idle. have checked for spark and always have a signal, disassembled and cleaned carbs (very clean) inspected fuel pump all parts look good, drained and inspected fuel filter. Installed new portable fuel tank and new fuel, still the same. Compression 120psi on all cyl.
I am out of things to test any help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Is it running at WOT for 30 to 45 minutes or 30 to 45 seconds, I just want to make sure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jason,
1st sorry for late response as I was checking my email for answer.My name is Tom30-45 minutesSome times it can be sooner, as it has a mind of it's own.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi, You said you checked for spark and it always have a signal. How specifically are you checking for spark? As there is a right way and a wrong way. And more importantly are you duplicating the problem where the engine will not run correctly and then checking for spark? Or are you checking it before it starts to run bad?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in, any progress?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through yet. I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on this issue answered. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason