Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2000 Crownline 202 with a 5.7. Is the fuel pump in

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Crownline 202 with a 5.7 . Is the fuel pump in the tank? About how much are they. Is it something I can do my self?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The fuel pumps are in line and not in the tank, to tell you exactly where I would need the engine model number. Sometimes they are easy enough that a person with basic tools and basic knowledge can in fact replace themselves, however it is proper diagnosis that can save from replacing incorrect parts and spending too much in repairs. As well as knowing common problems and tricks. For price and lets say it's one that has pump in with cooler and that is the one that is bad, for rough non specific prices your normally looking between $200-$500 depending on if also replacing the cooler and any other parts.

Again, once I have the model number of the engine I can give you exact specific info related to your engine.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe, my engine serial number is
OL685421
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Thank you for that, can you please provide the engine model number as well.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe, the engine Model Number is *****
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Got it, thank you.

The pump is in a cooler on the side of the motor, as I suspected, yours is one of the ones that will be on the higher end as there is a service bulletin and the entire pump/cooler comes as a kit, the cost is a little under $400 depending on where you purchase the parts, the kit should be part number 861156A04.

Here is a diagram: https://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_Pictures3.asp?dnbr=809500%2099&ivar=images/COMMON/14152.png&inbr=4856&bnbr=90&bdesc=Fuel+Pump+And+Fuel+Cooler

See the service bulletin here: https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bulletins/001/04//2004/EN_05.PDF

The kit will look similar to the picture here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-New-OEM-Gen-II-Electric-Fuel-Pump-Cooler-Kit-861156A04-/400548204894

Thank you!
- Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe, thank you for your help.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all, it was my pleasure. If I can help you with any other questions please let me know. You can also if you choose (not required) the offer for my direct email for any use down the road, this way you can get in direct contact with me when you need help if the need should arise, you can also choose to decline that offer as well.

Have a good day and thanks again for using justanswer!

- Joe