Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a9.8 tohatsu bought about 12 or 14 years ago and has

Customer Question

I have a9.8 tohatsu bought about 12 or 14 years ago and has not even had two hours run on lake ohau it has not a mark on it has been stored in a shed covered over I bought it from skinners motors ashburton but they only keep records for seven years what do you think it would be worth please, alan picard twizel
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

This is a 2000 model year M9.8. The value is the same for all models of the 9.8.

I can give you the NADA book value in the market and you can go from there with it. Average retail is $550.00.

Being in excellent condition you could price it at around $1,000.00 and go from there with offers. Anything used is going to be worth about half the original purchase price. This is with 1 hour of run time on the engine. It's like a car soon as you drive it the value goes down.

Here is the NADA link to your motor. http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2000/Tohatsu/M9-8B-EPL/20015153/Outboard-Motors-Values

This is just the market value someone buying the engine might pay more than market due to condition.