Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Can a V 25 L Jet Kit work on my 93 20hp 2 stroke outboard?

Customer Question

Phil Smith
email:***@******.***
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Phil,

When you say a V 25 L jet kit, what are you talking about there?

Also, I will need the serial number on your engine, that would be the only way for me to properly ID it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A V25L Jet Kit is designed to replace the prop on Mercury outboards 20 - 25 hp. My Mercury outboard is a 20 hp, not sure of the year since I just bought it used, has 20 hours on it. The Kit is provided by Mercury. The Serial Number on the engine is OD294930.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I'm not familiar with a V25L so I had to google it. Click this link below, is this what you are referring to?

http://jetdoctor.net/?jetdrivekits=v25l-jet-kit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found my answer. It is no. V25L jet drive fits on 1994 SN G044027 and up. My engine SN is D294930, a 1994 MLH, rope start, 20" shaft, tiller steering. Thanx anyway.Phil
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome Phil and I was glad I could help.

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. No rating has been put through yet. Did you still need help with this issue? The website has already charged you, but they have not credited me yet for helping you out. So I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on the issue answered for you.

Thanks,
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in, any progress?