Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2007 yamaha fx gh output overheat sensor is on when in the

Customer Question

2007 yamaha fx high output overheat sensor is on when in the water but not when feed from flush out. starboard pisser does not flow, port does.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I would try running compressed air through the cooling system to check for blockages/restrictions to start and then backflushing the system (but not where it will enter the cylinders). The most common problems with these are corrosion build up or sand ingestion. The sand will usually get clogged in the system and cause problems, sand can be extremely hard to locate and remove as well in some cases, corrosion is usually in the exhaust or head and will restrict flow. With compressed air (limit air as well, you don't want to burst or blow lines off) backflush using air, ie: go from the pisser not the water intake tubes and blow backwards to try and breakdown any restrictions.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.