Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Have 9.9 Mercury bigfoot 4 stroke. Runs down lake at full

Customer Question

Have 9.9 Mercury bigfoot 4 stroke.
Runs down lake at full throttle for 10 minutes then dies. Will start back up & fast idle fine. Can move boat at idle but if try to full throttle it dies. Has done this to me twice. Fuel bulb is
firm . Do not have to pump it to restart. Do I have a fuel pump or coil going bad when engine is hot?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

It is going to be either fuel starvation or there is something going on in the carb, and that can mean small amounts of junk clogging up the main jet. Or a sticking float. Step 1 here would be running it off of another fuel tank to make sure it's not a tank issue. Do you have another tank you can run it off of?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you still need help with this?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in. No rating has been put through yet. Did you still need help with this issue? The website has already charged you, but they have not credited me yet for helping you out. So I wanted to make sure I got all your questions on the issue answered for you.

Thanks,
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking in, any progress?