Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I HAVE DETROIT DIESEL 671-TI ENGINES IN MY 39 HAT

Customer Question

I HAVE DETROIT DIESEL 671-TI ENGINES IN MY 39 HAT CONVERTABLE. UNDER LOAD BOTH ENGINES ONLY TURN UP TO 2000 RPMS---EITHER IN SYNC MODE OR NOT--NORMAL IS 2500 RPMS.. NO LOAD TURN UP IS 2650 AT THE DOCK--NO PROBLEM THERE. I HAVE CHANGED ALL FUEL FILTERS AND HAULED THE BOAT TO CLEAN RUNNING GEAR AND BOTTOM--STILL NO EFFECT. THROTLES ARE OPERATED WITH HYNAUTICS HYDROLICS AND PSI IS AT 75PSI--WHICH IS SPEC. ANY IDEAS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

Have you pulled a fuel sample to test, if not I would and check pressure. I would also check compression which is most likely not the problem since both engines are the exact same. If you have no already done so I would check props. Check anything that will effect both engines at the same time.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe