Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1992 sea ray sundancer 290 and one of my electrical

Customer Question

I have a 1992 sea ray sundancer 290 and one of my electrical outlets is not working where do I find the reset switch for the outlet? Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** only one receptacles doesn't have power you most likely have a bad receptacle. Now on boats the receptacles are all linked together on one circuit connected to a GFI receptacle. Locate the GFI receptacle and reset the GFI breaker does power return? If no you will have to remove the GFI receptacle and check for voltage at the receptacle. If you have voltage in and nothing coming out replace the GFI receptacle. If no voltage to the GFI then you have a bad circuit breaker in the main panel. Pull panel out and check power at the breaker.

This should lead you to the problem. If you get stuck just post back with findings and we can continue.