Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2006 90 hp four stroke outboard, it's been running

Customer Question

I have a 2006 90 hp four stroke outboard, it's been running great until it stalled under power and wouldn't restart! It would turn over but not fire! I took the spark plugs out and turned it over and the cylinders were all full of fuel, the oil also has fuel in it! Any help?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Charles.

Would you please post the serial number of your engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1b419351
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Has there been any work done to the engines fuel system since you have owned the engine?

When was your last oil change?

is there a primer bulb in the fuel line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the oil in June there has been no work done on the fuel system and yes it has a primer bulb on the fuel line!
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Alright,
First remove the primer bulb, the engine does not require one. Is will actually cause this issue.
Then locate the hose on the top of the Fuel Supply Module that does not have a quick connect. Follow it to where it attaches to the intake. Remove the hose from there. Try and blow into the hose, will it allow you to move any air?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles I've had a chance to remove my primer bulb and verify that I can move air through the hose coming out the top of my fuel supply module, should I dig deeper into my Family?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FSM!
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You have a broken MAP reference hose inside the FSM. That is what is also flooding the engine. Do you need a diagram of that?