Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a Mercury 2007 efi. Engine oil reservoir cap is

Customer Question

I have a Mercury 2007 efi. Engine oil reservoir cap is leaking when it build up pressure.
Don'T know if it is the cap or the tank but four beeps go off and the engine will not get on plane. Have there been any issues with this sort of problem.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Charles.

Yes there are issues on the oil tank from time to time. The fix, Mercury fund out was to redesign the top of the tank. I have not seen any of the new tanks leak like this.

With the 4 beep alarm going off, you also could have water in the fuel filter. If it is clean, then the tank has another reason to be replaced, as the float has failed inside it.