Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I broke the mounting stud off the bottom of the starter on a

Customer Question

I broke the mounting stud off the bottom of the starter on a 25 horse mercury outboard built in the mid to late 80's. It appears to remove and replace teh starter I will need to remove the pull start assembly which is mouted above it. Does that assembly come off as a complete assembly or will I create a larger problem when removing it to get to the starter?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You will need to remove the pull start assembly and that can be removed by removing the three bolts, two on its side and one on the back, and it will come out as a complete unit. Do not remove the center bolt as that holds the spring assembly. Removing this you can have a good access to the starter motor.

If you require further assistance let m know.

Noel