Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2003 yamaha 50 2 cycle. Its alway ran at about 2800

Customer Question

I have a 2003 yamaha 50 2 cycle. Its alway ran at about 2800 rpm lately its only been 2200 rpms but stared and handled well. Now it won't idle but will still run at higher rpms. I've cleaned the fuel filter, plugs, and fuel. What about the fuel pump? thanks JM
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

Fuel pump is most likely not the problem if it still runs good otherwise at higher rpms but since there are multiple problems you should check, fuel pressure, spark for misfires, timing (keyway not twisted), compression, prop for hub slippage, and then if the diagnosis points towards fuel then rebuilding the carbs if they are the problem.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I canceled this service several days ago, and don't believe I owe anything. Please respond. JM
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon JM,
No problem at all, I will send in the request for you.
Thanks,
Joe