Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 1993 minnkota turbo 36# thrust trolling motor,the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1993 minnkota turbo 36# ***** trolling motor,the control board went bad,contacted minnkota they said it is obsolete,searched internet & was told board #2304043 would work but wire colors would not match,ordered board & installed,I did not care about auto pilot function,I was able to get everything to work but the motor speed control,motor operates on Hi,the slide speed control ramps resistance up & down,any help would be appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

I am going to take a stab here that this board was either used/reman or that the problem is simply due to a bad board, I could not verify if a different board would work as I only replace with correct parts. I can say that if it is wired correctly that it is one of the above then.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your response,but i am going to decline your help
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

No problem at all.

Have a good day.

Thanks,

Joe