Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

Shane, i have 90 dt 75 when throttleing up in gear get about

Customer Question

hi shane, i have 90 dt 75 when throttleing up in gear get about 1/4 throttle it sputters and quits start it up idles fine and runs smooth till you get to 1/4. changed both filters bulb gets hard but then goes soft after couple min. any help would be appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. from what you are describing, the symptoms are of fuel starvation. The carbs and fuel pump need to be rebuilt. To do this you would need to get a rebuilding kit from your local agent first. Then remove the carbs and fuel pump and carefully dismantle. Soak in carb cleaner for a couple of hours and reassemble them using the new parts from the kit. Reassemble them in place and you should run ok.

If you require further assistance let me know.

Noel