Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I keep blowing the 8 amp fuse on a 8 k westerbeke it happens

Customer Question

I keep blowing the 8 amp fuse on a 8 k westerbeke it happens when I energize the preheat
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Normal
0
false
false
false
EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

In the mean time to help somewhat, start by disconnecting anything external such as a remote control panel/switch and if the problem stops then check that switch panel and harness, if not then check the rest of the wiring for shorts. Since this is only happening with preheat you may want to isolate that circuit checking for shorts. It could be a problem with the actual circuit and not the wiring such as a glow plug.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different things including the amount of the deposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question, number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed info and so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I may not have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead of you not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Joe