Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I am not getting power to my gauges. The power wire comes

Customer Question

I am not getting power to my gauges. The power wire comes from back of starter. I have power to starter from battery.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Check for voltage at the circuit breaker on the engine. Do you have voltage on both terminals of the breaker.

The engine has a main fuse 90 amp fuse on the starter that supplies voltage to the engine and all accessories. If you have no voltage on the circuit breaker then the fuse on the starter is blown. Here is a link to the fuse # ***** http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercruiser/3.0L%20-%20%28GM%20181CID%20I4%29/0W302000%20THRU%201A0019999/Starter%20Motor/parts.html

Post back if this doesn't lead you to your problem and we can continue.