chester298
chester298,
69243481

I have a 2015 sea doo rxt 260 it has 9 hours on it and it is

Customer Question

i have a 2015 sea doo rxt 260 it has 9 hours on it and it is drinking the coolant fast is their a problem with my sea doo or does the supercharged sea does drink that much coolant?
Category: Boat
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially,
you do not have to worry that is normal to supercharged Seadoos to use much coolant like you have experienced.

Can you please tell me what type/brand of coolant you used? Photo is helpful. To send photo click the paper clip icon at the top of your typing box, click browse,browse then select file and OK.

Did you dilute it 50%/50%... with distilled or demineralised water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea of just recently bought these sea Doos and the dealership had put the coolant in so I have no idea if they dilute it or not all I know is that the coolant is a orange color my rxt only has 9 hours on it and I haven't added nothing to them and I just checked it yesterday and realized it was really low

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks for your response. Orange color is 30% while green is 50%. I always recommend 50% which is color yellow/green. However, 30% is OK if you are not in freezing climate.

Since you started using orange you can continue that, because if you change it to yellow/green. You have to drain your old coolant.

I suggest you to ask you dealer, what exactly the brand of the first coolant they use and if they diluted it like what I have asked. You have to ask it because you need to refill it with same brand and type for safety.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester