Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

Just noticed oil under cowling of my 2007 Honda 135 hp four

Customer Question

Just noticed oil under cowling of my 2007 Honda 135 hp four stroke outboard checked oil no reading bough and installed 1 gallon restarted noticed seepage when running out of the top of the aluminum gasket maybe valve cover tried to tighten bolts no help what should I do fix myself or bring to dealer
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.

You'll probably need to take the boat to the dealer. If you are comfortable working on engines you could try and diagnose it yourself.

If there was no oil on the dipstick the engine should be checked with a boroscope and a leak down test done to see if there was any damage to the engine.

Can you take a picture and post it of where the oil was leaking from?