Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2006 Kohler 5E gas generator with 194 hours. I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Kohler 5E gas generator with 194 hours. I replaced the raw water pump. It was running well, then it stopped. It won't re-start. It is cranking, and turns over for a second, then quits. I checked the fuel pump, it's working, filter clear. I pulled the spark plug wire and I am not getting a spark off my screw driver when I crank it. Is it the coil?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

Check directly at the coil with an in-line spark tester or timing light, if no spark then check + side of coil for 12v with ignition on and neg side pulse with testlight while cranking, if you have both then the coil is bad, if missing one then we will need to proceed further with testing.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took 5 days to get a response from anyone, I pursued other avenues to get help.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

No problem, I just wanted to check if you still needed any further assistance.

Thanks,

Joe