Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
7183013

I have an Albin 28 - AUL 28198 L495 boat. the boat came from

Customer Question

I have an Albin 28 - AUL 28198 L495 boat. the boat came from a deceased family members estate. Loose inside the boat was a moulded fiberglass box structure, overall about 28"L, 18"H, 11"W. The bottom is somewhat trapavoidal, Overall about 11" & 8" across and 28" long with the angled side length slightly curved. The bottom has a 11/2" lip possibely made to sit over a hatch area, with a inner panel closing the bottom of the box structure. The exterior surface is gel coat as is the exterior of the boat.
Can you identify this Box Structure and where it was meant to be used, Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Boat
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Could you post a picture of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ted G,
Did U receive the picture of Albin 28 fiber glass box structure?
Jim Rutland
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

No Jim, I have not, how did you post it?

Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi JIm, I apologize, I just received your picture tonight. I have never seen that piece before and I suspect it may be custom for that boat. Two thoughts that came to mind were possibly a windlass cover or a liner from one of the transom wells. If neither of those are correct, there is a fairly active Albin owners group on the web- they might have some insight for you. www.albinowners.com