Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Is a 2003 Evinrude E175 outboard motor built by BRP? Is this

Customer Question

Is a 2003 Evinrude E175 outboard motor built by BRP? Is this a sound motor? Were there any problems with this motor that would cause a person not to buy one having 75 hours of use on it. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

2003 would technically be built by Evinrude. But, at that point BRP did own Evinrude. It is considered a Ficht engine and not an Etec. However, at this point all of the engines had been gone through by BRP before they were sold, and they are considered good engines. Basically 2002 and prior you want to stay away from, 2003 and up are fine. I would definitely not have any problem buying one. The only real caveat on this one is the lower hours. On fuel injected engines that have low hours they tend to have clogged injector issues. Before buying it or making an offer, I would get in contact with an Evinrude dealer and see what they would charge you to clean the injectors, and then factor that into your asking price. But other than that, they are good engines.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Just checking in. The website has charged you but no rating has been put through for me yet. I wanted to make sure that I got all of your questions answered, and that there was nothing else. If there was anything, by all means fee free to ask.
Thanks,
Jason