Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a jet unit on my big Suzuki outboard. Down by the

Customer Question

I have a jet unit on my big Suzuki outboard. Down by the pump zirk grease fitting on lower pump unit there is a plug that I was just told may be the adopter hole for a hose flush assembly. Only thing is; I can not get the standard screwdriver metal plug to come free. Appears to be corroded into the aluminum....per my years of seeing metal in aluminum.
Is the pug actually for a flush system? And any suggestions or ideas as to how to get it out?
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a rubber grease hose right adjacent to this plug so heating the aluminum with a torch seems problematic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plus the rubber hose is attached to a screw in metal fitting....that unlikely will be corroded into the aluminum housing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rubber grease hose is attached to the stainless fitting with a stainless pressure clamp.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

There is no way for me to know without a model number for me to reference the unit. Thus for now what I can say is to remove the plug use lots of penetrating oil and if that does not work apply heat. To help further I need more info.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe