Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1992 Reinell 192rm Cobra stern drive boat that the

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Reinell 192rm Cobra stern drive boat that the fuel system was sucking air.
I discovered the line fitting going into the gas tank is somehow loose and I don't know how to get to it because the gas tank is way back under the deck.
What do I do--what can I do?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name Jason, whom am I speaking with?
You should have access to fuel fittings, by USCG rules you are supposed to have access to them. It is possible somebody might have done some work to the boat. Can you take some pictures of the tank so I can see what everything looks like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The gas tank is way back under the deck and I can't get to it and see it without using a mirror.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Is there any place you can cut a hole to gain access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to have to cut the decl all up! There should be an easier and better way to get to the tank. I looked on line trying to find a Reinell drawing of the boat with descriptions but they must not exist!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tank is directly under the storage area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, everything is carpeted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to stop trying to fix this by myself and take the boat to a marine mechanic here in Lake Havasu. Thank you for trying to help but I can see that this isn't going to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I am going to a mechanic here. Don't charge my card---you couldn't help me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no sense in spending a lot of money for nothing.