Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2008 triton tr186 very low engine hours maybe

Customer Question

i have a 2008 triton tr186 very low engine hours maybe around 60 and it has always ran great for mebut the other day at the lake I warmed my engine up and took off to a fishing spot and trolled around for awhile then when I went to move with my big engine witch is a mercery 150 and alarm sounded and my engine bogged down at high rpm so I killed engine started back up and it took off fine then ounce agin alarm sounded and engine bogged down and killed it self I restatred my engine and took off at a slow speed then about 3500 4000 rpm same thing happened can you help me figure out if this is a major problem or a sensor or something I can fix
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
All Mercurys are cataloged by serial number, do you have that number handy?
Was the alarm a solid beep or a series of beeps that followed a pattern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Solid beep and no I don't have the number handy sorry bout that and my name is will