Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I would like to know when one overhauls or does a major

Customer Question

i would like to know when one overhauls or does a major service to V8 m93 mtu engines? Im contemplating on purchasing a boat with these engines and about 900 (nine hundred hrs) on them
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello and good afternoon,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
A natural aspirated diesel can go 10,000, 20,000 hours or more or less depending on how well they are taken care of, a turbo engine or a blower for sake of reference can go 1500, 2500, 5000, 8000+ hours again all depending on how it was used/abused and how well it was maintained. Thus it's honestly hard to put a number on it as you can see. The best thing to do is a marine survey and have an oil/fluid analysis on the engines including also a compression reading and overall major engine survey.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are these engines diesel turbo?